To the fans of the EngagingIreland podcast…we know that there are a few of you out there…please be patient. It’s September 8th and we’re beginning the update to our new hosting service, and our new WordPress blog. Unfortunately, we had to shift the engagingireland.com URL over to the new site before we could begin our updates. Fortunately, we’ve been working on creating a demo website behind the scenes, so the majority of the construction should be over fairly quickly (by the evening of September 8th). The changes to the blogpage should not negatively impact the podcast feed subscriptions in any way.
So, what can you expect on our new page? Well, we’re glad you asked! At the very least, the new and improved Engaging Ireland website will (eventually) contain the following
- A much cleaner, nicer interface (with more photos, yay!)
- A list of our most recent Twitter updates.
- A separate photo page, with photo albums broken out by location.
- A forum, where you can all ask questions, share stories, and talk about Ireland.
- A separate page of travel tips.
- More detailed lists of our favorite websites and resources for Ireland trip planning.
- A new page for guest blogs and special features.
- More information about us (just in case you wondered)
Now that we’ve got you interested in what you’ll see once this is all over, hopefully you’ll be able to be patient while we finish today’s construction. When you come to this page on 9/9/09, what you see (we hope) will be an immense improvement, and extremely useful to you when you’re planning your next trip to Ireland.
Travis & Kathy