Ireland boasts many beautiful and interesting gardens. In this episode, we highlight a few of our favorites. It’s difficult to narrow down our list to just ten, but we have made our choices. If you have a favorite garden, please feel free to send a comment telling us about your favorite garden and why it is special to you.
Remember, the list is no particular order!
1. Bantry House and Gardens, Bantry, County Cork
2. Birr Castle Demesne; Birr, County Offaly
3. Powerscourt, County Wicklow
(Featured in Episode #8)
4. Blarney Castle Gardens, Blarney, County Cork
5. Lismore Castle and Gardens, Lismore, County Waterford
(Featured in Episode #10)
6. Mount Stewart House and Gardens, Newtonards, County Down
7. Rowallane, Saintfield, County Down
8. Garinish Island, Glengariff Harbour, Bantry Bay, County Cork
Boats to Garinish Island:
Blue Pool Ferry http://www.bluepoolferry.com/
Harbour Queen Ferry http://www.harbourqueenferry.com/
Ellen’s Rock Boat Service is a licensed boat service running trips to Garinish Island from a small pier at Ellen’s Rock about a mile outside the village on the Castletownbere Road.
(Please note that we are simply listing the options available to the traveler to get out to Garinish. We are not endorsing any particular operator…)
9. Lisselan Estate and Gardens, Clonakilty, West Cork
10. Muckross House, Gardens and Traditional Farms, Killarney National Park, County Kerry
Tags: Bantry House, Birr Castle Demesne, Blarney Castle, Gardens, Garinish Island, Ilnacullin, Ireland, Irish, Lismore Castle, Lisselan Gardens, Mount Stewart House, Muckross House and Garden, Powerscourt, Rowallane, Top Ten, Travel